Since 2012 the Worcestershire County Card Scheme is available free of charge to all current members of any golf club affiliated to the Worcestershire Union of Golf Clubs which participates in the scheme. Players must hold a current CDH number.
The card is a credit card sized plastic card, with the holder's name and CDH number printed on the England Golf side, with "Worcestershire County Card" and the WUGC logo printed on the other side.
The initial stock of cards was printed with the date 2012-13 and stickers are provided on an annual basis to update these cards. However, newer cards no longer have dates on them and will remain valid until the holder ceases to be a member of a Worcestershire affiliated club. Should any card holder or club have any problems with county cards, they should contact the County Secretary via email email@example.com or by telephone 07463 687901.
If they came from a Worcestershire Club then their existing Card, CDH number and details are still valid and they should continue to use their existing card.
If they are new affiliations to the Union then we welcome you to our County by providing you with a card. On joining a Worcestershire Club in the Scheme, the Club Secretary will order a new card from the County Secretary which will be delivered to the Member's club within 4-8 weeks, depending on when a County wide bulk order is placed. (Note that all new cards are issued without an expiry date; it is expected that the card is returned to your club if you cease to be a member.)
Can we wish all card holders enjoyable days visiting new venues assisted by the Green fee savings which only card holders enjoy.
33 counties now reciprocate, allowing you to visit over 1300 golf clubs
1. Play is normally restricted Monday to Friday (Public holidays are usually excluded). However some clubs do offer a weekend rate.
2. Card Holders must telephone to confirm that it is convenient to play on a particular day before visiting another Club.
3. Card Holders must be current members of participating Worcestershire Clubs and have a CONGU handicap.
4. The Card is not transferable and it must be produced on arrival at the Club being visited. Anyone querying acceptance of old style County Cards should be referred to The County Website - details on the card.
5. The Card cannot be used in conjunction with a Golf Society, Team or Organised Party unless the Club being visited has given prior agreement.
6. The Scheme Rules may vary slightly in other Counties, please check when booking.