Wharton Park GC looks in fine shape as golfers enjoy playing again
19th May - England golf's new update on opening driving ranges and club fitting is here
Keen golfers across the County are filling up pre-booked tee times so that they can enjoying the game again on their fine Worcestershire courses. Feedback so far has been very positive, with members keenly observing the new guidance and rounds are being played at a much quicker pace. Some clubs have also noted a spike in membership enquiries.
The UK Government has provided the following clarification about playing golf
Golf can be played in the following formats
- Individuals playing golf on their own.
- Two-balls comprising of individuals from different households
- At the discretion of the golf club, members of the same household playing in two, three or four-balls
- You cannot play with two players from one household and one from a different household.
- Social distancing measures must be observed at all times during the whole period the players are on the premises. Clubs can risk assess and put all the required safety procedures in place but golfers must accept full personal responsibility for their own actions.
· Etiquette standards should be kept to their highest so that play keeps flowing and social distancing is maintained.
- 8 to10 minute playing intervals can be used. It’s at the club’s discretion.
· Visitors may play and how this happens is for each club to decide. All names and contact details should be taken.
· The over 70’s, who may have been told to shield can still play, but it’s entirely their own responsibility. Caution is strongly recommended.
COUNTY SUPPORT OFFICER SUPPORT
The Worcestershire County Club Support Officer, Laura Yapp, is readily available to support our clubs for a successful reopening this week.
Laura would like to draw everyone's attention to the ‘Play Safe, Stay Safe’ resources England golf have developed to help clubs. This is accessible from the England Golf website – http://www.englandgolf.org/PlaySafe
Laura requests that each club takes the time to look through all the guidance provided and consider whether she would be able to support your club. She would be very happy to work with you to put them into action.
Laura will be calling every club to offer her support in the coming weeks but please do not wait for her to call if you need support. All of her contact details are below so please get in touch.
Club Support Officer (Midlands West)
Phone: 01526 354500
Mobile: 07702 913879